adapted from original recipe
½ cup wheat bulgur
2 medium tomatoes, small diced
1 tsp. salt
¼ cup onion, small diced
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. fresh mint or 1 Tbsp. dry mint
1 cup parsley, cut small
Romaine leaves, washed and separated
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1. Place bulgur in a bowl.
2. Cover with boiling water.
3. Let soak 30 minutes. Then drain completely.
4. Put bulgur in a bowl, and gently toss in tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and salt.
5. Stir in olive oil and mint before serving.
6. Serve with romaine leaves, or prepare by placing salad down center of each romaine leaf. The smaller leaves tend to work better.