½ lb. high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1/8 tsp. ground dried chipotle pepper
1 pinch salt
½ cup heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsps. unsweetened cocoa powder, or as needed
1. Place chocolate into a bowl.
2. Add chipotle pepper and salt.
3. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until it comes to a boil.
4. Pour cream over chocolate, and let stand for 3 minutes.
5. Stir gently until chocolate mixture is completely smooth.
6. Pour chocolate mixture out onto a sheet of plastic wrap on a work surface.
7. Pick up one edge of the plastic, and roll the chocolate into a rough log shape.
8. Continue to roll, wrapping chocolate in the plastic.
9. Refrigerate until chilled and firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
10. Place cocoa into a small bowl.
11. Unwrap chocolate, and cut in half crosswise.
12. Cut each half into halves lengthwise.
13. Roughly cut candy into ½-1″ square ‘stones.’
14. Place the chocolate pieces into the cocoa, and toss gently to coat.