Chocolate Truffles allrecipes.com
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
finely chopped toasted nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa, powdered sugar or colored sugars
1. Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in large saucepan over low heat.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour into medium bowl.
5. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
6. Shape into 1″ balls.
7. Roll in desired coating and/or decorate with frosting and candies.
8. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
Chocolate Truffles (courtesy of LIz Tower)
12 oz. bitter-sweet chocolate
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla or other flavoring such as orange or mint
1. Over medium heat, melt chocolate in cream until smooth.
2. Add in vanilla or other flavoring.
3. Pour into bowl and refrigerate 1½ -2 hours.
4. Roll in cocoa powder, or dig in chocolate or other coating.